Saturday, May 2, 2015

Mondo Magnolia - Technique #1

Hello All!

I am in love with the Mondo Magnolia stamp from the new Ellen Hutson spring release! I have been playing with it all day and will share some techniques I am using with this stamp over the next few days.

Today I used a "spotlight" technique - coloring only part of a black and white image. I stamped two identical 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panels using the MISTI to help me! I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink since I knew I was going to be using Copic markers to color in the images.

For this first card, I cut the "Hello" section of the card using my paper trimmer and colored the section with Copics.



I then popped up the colored panel using foam tape and added sequins.



For this second card I used MFT's Stitched Basic Edges dies to cut the rounded edge and colored the top section of the panel.



Again I popped up the colored section of the panel and added sequins.



Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow to see another technique with this same stamp!


1 comment: