Sunday, May 3, 2015

Mondo Magnolia - Technique #2

Hello all!

I am back with my second day of using the new Mondo Magnolia stamp set from Ellen Hutson. Today I heat embossed the Magnolia stamp with white embossing powder and used Peerless Watercolors. I used two shades for each card - two pinks and two yellows. The matching die set makes cutting out the flowers a breeze.

For this first card I die cut several leaves from both the Wild Garden and the Bold Blossom Stand-Alone die sets. I stamped the sentiment onto the card base before adding the leaves and then again after adding the leaves, using the MISTI to help with perfect placement.



I love how the tone-on-tone leaves create a lot of texture on the background!


For this second card I wanted to create a recessed look, so I popped up the green cardstock panel after die-cutting the magnolia shape out of it. I added some strips of black and white cardstock and a sentiment from the Fancy Thanks stamp set onto vellum.


Here is a closer look at the recessed flower:


Thanks for stopping by today!


1 comment: