Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Mix It Up Challenge - Flowers

Hello all!

Today I have a card to share that I created for the Ellen Hutson Mix It Up Challenge. The challenge is to create a card that uses both Essentials by Ellen and Lawn Fawn products. I used a sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Hello Friend stamp set and the Essentials by Ellen Bold Blooms die sets.


I started with a kraft card base which I stenciled with MFT Natural dye ink.


To create the flowers I used distress inks on watercolor paper. I started with a light wash and then added layers of color. I die cut the flowers from the watercolor paper.


I splattered the card base with a white acrylic paint/water mix, popped up the flowers on foam tape and added some white enamel dots to finish it off.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day!







2 comments: