Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Glitter!

I wanted to show a quick and easy way to add glitter to embellishments by using a xyron machine.



For this card I wanted the "hello" to be glittery and eye-catching but didn't want to have to deal with adding lots of glue to get the glitter effect. I cut "hello" several times in black and ran them all through the xyron machine to help create some height to the word. The last word, I ran through the xyron upside down, with the "right side" facing the adhesive.


I then stacked all the "hellos" together to make one thick word and added the last word to the top with the adhesive side facing up. I now had a shape with the adhesive all ready for me to get glittery!

    

Since I created my entire embellishment on the xyron paper I was able to simply peel it off and stick it onto my card! I created the background using distress inks in "Mowed Lawn" and added some hot pink stars for a pop of color.

 
Thanks for stopping by today! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment