Monday, April 16, 2012

Chevron Fun

Chevrons seem to be all the rage right now, and I decided to give them a shot and create my own chevrons using patterned paper.



I cut the patterned paper into half-inch strips and used a corner punch to create the mitered corners. All of this yummy paper is from My Mind's Eye "Lost and Found" paper pad. Here is a look before I attached it to the card and trimmed the edges off.


The flower stamp is from the Paper Smooches "Pretty Momma" stamp set. I clear embossed the flower on watercolor paper and then used distress inks to color the flower. I then spritzed it with lots of water with gold pearl-ex powder. The flower is super shimmery in person (don't think it shows up so much on the picture).


This is another card inspired by the current Paper Smooch SPARKS challenge. Apparently I have fallen in love with the blues and oranges of the inspiration picture! :)




Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment